IconNicholson is an interactive agency founded by Tom Nicholson in 1987.1
Unlike most interaction design firms seen today, IconNicholson did not come out of the dot-com boom. Tom made his name pioneering the use of many advanced techniques (for the time) like video, animation, natural language, etc. for his work on the ATM machine for Citibank, and eventually moved into museum kiosks and the CD-ROM space. These interactive experiences in turns rendered several interface patents.
The burst of the Internet created many opportunities for the company, and IconNicholson continues to drive thought leadership in innovation by injecting creative thinking in its projects, which extends far beyond the Web into the physical space.
IconNicholson is the New York office of LBi International.
- Ask.com: IconNicholson
- Clusty: IconNicholson
- Google Search: IconNicholson
- Live Search: IconNicholson
- SML Search: IconNicholson
- Yahoo Search: IconNicholson
- Earliest interactive firm in New York City
- Pioneered use of technology to enhance customer relationships for clients including Citibank and American Express
- Award-winning CD-ROM development for major New York publishing houses
- Engaged by News Corp. to develop proprietary online service to compete with AOL
- Developed some of the earliest commercial Web sites — for Fodor's, Condé Nast, and News Corp.
- Selected by NBC and Microsoft to develop their flagship site on the Microsoft Network, in conjunction with Windows95 launch
- Deployed earliest online marketing using Java technology
- Ranked "One of top 3 creative interactive firms in the world" by AdAge Magazine
- Awards include "Best of Show" at prestigious One Show
- Merged with IconMedialab becoming first US-based firm to provide global interactive capabilities
- Time Magazine describes IconMedialab as one of the "hottest technology companies"
- Extended the Rational Unified Process (RUP) for e-Business development adding Business Strategy and Creative Process
- Raised the bar for customer shopping experiences in Prada’s flagship New York store
- Alliance with Symbol (formerly Matrics) to provide end-to-end RFID solutions
- Launched robust business-to-business Web sites for clients including MasterCard International and EMI Music Publishing (case study)
- Collaborated with Project Rebirth (case study) to launch landmark Web site that allows people around the world to share in World Trade Center site reconstruction as it happens
- Established IconNicholson’s Center of Excellence showcasing technology innovations that enhance retail operations and the shopping experience where visitors see the impact firsthand in a familiar retail environment
- National Retail Federation’s partner to introduce and implement RFID technology at largest annual retail show in order to enhance attendee experience
- Launched multiple brand, customer acquisition and customer service sites for Nestlé Waters North America, resulting in millions in transactions per month online, increased customer satisfaction, and a strengthened position as top regional spring water provider across the U.S.
- IconNicholson unveiled the Social RetailingSM concept for renowned designer Nanette Lepore to demonstrate how young shoppers can move from online to mobile, interacting through text messaging, IM and email for a unique shopping experience.
- ARTstor (The Mellon Foundation)
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Citibank N.A.
- DDCF - Duke Farms
- DDCF - Shangri La Hawaii
- Doris Duke Charitable Foundation
- EMI Music Publishing
- Forext Laboratories
- ING Bank
- Johns Hopkins
- Mashantucket Pequot Museum and Research Center
- MasterCard International - FIFA World Cup
- MasterCard International - Weekends Matter Campaign
- Mediapark / Futvol.com
- Metropolitan Museum of Art
- MoMA Online Store
- Morgan Stanley
- Mount Sinai Medical Center
- Nestlé Waters
- Pechanga Band of Luiseño Indians
- Pfizer - Viagra
- Pitney Bowes
- Project Rebirth
- Regus Group
- Siemens - Rapistan
- Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Spencer Stuart
- Standard & Poors
- Tibbet & Britten Americas
- Ziff Davis Media
Images tagged with IconNicholson sorted by date.
Meta Search Alerts
on iPhone, iPad, AppleTV, PC. It's free.